Pieve di Santa Maria in Valtenesi: built around 1050, in the locality of Pieve Vecchia, it stands on the ruins of a much older church. The parish church of Santa Maria in Valtenesi is the oldest Romanesque monument in the area. It has three naves divided by majestic round arches resting on rectangular pillars. Worthy of all honor is the 16th century altarpiece of the main altar created by Gian Andrea Bertanza of Padenghe, on which the Virgin and Saints Rocco, Sebastiano, Siro and Savino are depicted. Unfortunately this majestic work was the victim of a theft and the destruction of its components, the pieces found have been collected in some paintings.
Parish church: in 1722 it was transferred from the Pieve to Solarolo, the design belongs to the architect Antonio Spazzi and its construction began in 1746. Inside, in addition to the precious frescoes of the vault and the characteristic choir made entirely of wood, you can admire the paintings by Andrea Celesti: “Sant’Angela Merici” and “Assunta”.
Natural Park of the Rocca: The Archaeological Natural Park of Rocca-Sasso corresponds to an area of about 900,000 square meters which includes the Rocca area and the underlying coastal strip between the towns of Dusano and Pisenze. The enhancement of the whole area, thanks to archaeological investigations and the conservative restoration of the medieval structures of the Rocca, has allowed the definition of an equipped tourist route of high archaeological and landscape interest. Not to be missed are the remains of an ancient castle which in 1573 was destroyed by order of the Veneto Superintendent, as it had become the seat of bandits and which now serves as a bell tower.
Civic Archaeological Museum: in its exhibition site within the Archaeological Naturalistic Park, it also constitutes the reception and first information center for visitors to the established Rocca Nature Reserve, del Sasso with adjoining Lake Park of Manerba del Garda. The Museum has two distinct thematic itineraries, one natural and an archaeological itinerary, which with bilingual thematic panels through a choice of finds exhibited in display cases, which illustrates the settlements of the multi-layered site of the Rocca and the Sasso and that of the Pieve di S. Maria, where, on the remains of a Roman villa overlooking the lake, early medieval housing structures were built first and then the religious building.
Isola del Garda: The island of Garda, originally a Lombard monastery connected to Queen Ansa also known as Schwaben, also known as the island of Swabia of Frederick known as Barbarossa, then Borghese or Isola dei Frati, is the largest island of the homonymous lake. Today it owes its charm to the extraordinary Venetian neo-Gothic style villa, designed by the architect Luigi Rovelli in the early 1900s; an imposing harmonic construction, full of surprising architectural details. The island is surrounded by wonderful Italian gardens and a rich forest made up of cypresses, acacias and pines. The
Luxurious Palazzo belongs to the Cavazza family which, since 2002, has opened it to the public and organizes guided tours from April to October. There is no public service to get there, but from the ports of the most touristic places on Lake Garda there is a private service of motorboats and small boats whose drivers have direct arrangements for guided tours. Here you will feel the paradisiacal atmosphere of this islet on your skin.
Island of San Biagio: just over 200 meters from the mainland, it belongs to the municipal area of Manerba del Garda and is located south of the island of Garda. Also nicknamed “Rabbit Island” due to the strong presence of hares and rabbits in the 1500s: a small Italian treasure chest characterized by green meadows, cypresses and flowering shrubs. Curious is the fact that in the greatest dry periods, this strip of land can be reached on foot, an experience to try.